Saturday 17 December 2011

Belated snow pictures and open commissions

Hi readers!

It's been a few days since my last post but, but now I rectify the situation! I have recovered my camera in just under a week, and am able to now present to you, dear readers, the snow day that was left to us in the West of Scotland after the Hurricane Bawbag; taken at the remarkable Colzium Estate and featuring Cala the dog.

Furthermore, upon completion of my latest commission, I am once again free to take them! This last one was a bit of a slog, and a steep learning curve, but after at least five separate attempts at it, I have done it to my own, and the commissioner's, satisfaction. If you are interested in commissioning your own original artwork from me, then please, by all means visit my website www.hbartgallery.com or email me at hbartgallery AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk. (unusual presentation of this in order to prevent spam.)
Part of the profits of my work are donated to the charity Cala's Biscuits Fund

Pictures of snow below the fold




A simple beginning

Inspiration Strikes!

A snowman made by my talented girlfriend; it vaguely reminds me of a monster from The Legend of Zelda.
Materials: Dog biscuits and snow on a park wall. 

This bridge never seemed like very much to me before, but in the snow, it looked like the archetypal bridge under which Trolls may hide. 

One of the wonderful things about Scotland is how careful our government has been about preserving the green places around our major cities. Things like this are mere minutes outside the city centre of Glasgow in every direction.


I love to see gnarly trees like this. At some point, this thing must have been split right to the bottom of the trunk, and two branches regenerated and grew up from that stump. I'm guessing from the fact that the tree is a hardwood and the thickness of the two trunks that this tree waas first cut down something like fifty years ago; the original stump would be very wide, and so the root structure of this tree may possibly be as much as two hundred years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment